Friday, January 27, 2012

Fell off the wagon again, getting back on starting today!

So it's been a rough month around here with everybody being sick and me being exhausted. I finally decided today that I have to start taking my health more seriously. I gained some, then lost some, then gained it back plus a few, then lost some of it again. This morning I was 247 lbs. My BMI places me in Obese Class II , so after reading again for the fiftieth time, how my weight and the BMI I'm at can harm me and even puts me at a huge risk of early death. Luckily I'm 32 still, so hopefully I can get a bunch of this off. My long term goal is to be "healthy" That means getting down to about 170 I think but I haven't gotten there yet. My short term goal is 17 lbs. to bring me down to 230 lbs. I will re-asses and do more once I reach that goal.

Today I did well. I had a bunch of running around to do, did some good back strengthening exercises before I got out of bed. For dinner, we went to Outback. Now I didn't cut out anything but the desert and the bread (which was sad but I did it lol). We ordered the lowest calorie appetizer, the shrimp on the barbie. I had two small shrimp, no sauce. For dinner I really wanted a Fillet with a big baked potato and a nice Caesar salad. Instead, I chose from the 500 calorie or less meals and got my 6 oz. Sirloin with no butter etc. as well as asparagus with no butter. A soup or salad came with so I got a Caesar salad with dressing on the side so I only used half of it. I ordered no foo foo drink or dessert like I would normally do.

I also got back on the Xbox Kinect and played some dance central. Whew, I am so not used to it anymore, I was huffing and puffing like an old lady lol. But I feel good, my muscles feel used but not sore.

Well, here's to starting again and getting back on that stupid wagon. I need to be healthier and be around longer for my family. Period. This is not an option anymore, it never should have been. I know it's going to continue to be a struggle, possibly my whole life. But I am willing to try and try and try some more until I get it.

3 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you! If you ever need encouragement or just someone to do some exercising with, I am usually ALWAYS game :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, thannk you so much for your encouragement, it does help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady, update! What is going on with you?

    ReplyDelete